Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall Concert

2 posters

Go down

Fall Concert Empty Fall Concert

Post  katecris Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:09 pm

I was very impressed with everyone's performance in this concert. It was great to be so well prepared and go into the concert stress free. Our notes and rhythms were spot on, and I think that we did a good job with our dynamics and expression, although it seems as if there is always room for improvement in that category. As for our focus and attentiveness, as far as I could tell, I think we were all pretty focused based on the way we sounded. I've seen so much improvement from our last fall concert, I think we are really making great progress as a whole. After sounding this good already, I'm looking forward to how we will sound during our next concerts. Not only did the both choruses do well, but I thought the orchestra and band were great too. Every time I hear them I am always blown away, thinking back to what they sounded like in Middleschool, it's a HUGE difference. Although the fall concert isn't thought of as one of the big and important concerts of the year, I like it because it's with the band and orchestra. The fact that we all do music gives us something in common, and it's nice to have support from fellow music students.

katecris

Back to top Go down

Fall Concert Empty Fall Concert

Post  Maggie McFarland Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:19 am

I agree with Kate on our performance in the fall concert. I was very impressed with the music we created, and it felt great to be so prepared. One thing I really enjoyed doing this year was the concert critique. This made me more aware of so many things that I never even thought about before. I have to admit that I was completely unaware of how much we tended to fall flat of notes. Whenever you would inform us of this I was really unsure of what you meant and never really did anything to fix it, but after hearing the recordings I could really pick out the notes we weren’t quite getting. In our preparation for the Major Works I find myself always looking out for this now, and trying to fix this problem. The concert recordings also made me realize how much we can improve our dynamics. It felt like we were really mastering this while singing, but now that I listened to us I realize how much better we can do. I think this new addition to the concert process is going to be very beneficial and is only going to help us improve more as a chorus.

Maggie McFarland

Back to top Go down