Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personalizing Room 197

Go down

Personalizing Room 197 Empty Personalizing Room 197

Post  Andrea White Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:20 pm

The Chorus room at the high school is one of the bigger classrooms in the school, and it has the potential to be one of the most welcoming,too. The murals on the wall are one of my favorite things about the school, and I can't wait to see the next mural be painted; I'm voting for a scene from Disney. The posters from the past Major works concerts are well-displayed on their wall, but there's this huge, empty space between those posters and the white board. Maybe we could place the posters from other concerts in that space? Also, since room 197 is to be a welcoming haven for everyone, I think that it would be a great idea for the chorus to decorate the room for various holidays. This wouldn't raise any money, but it would be a great bonding experience for the chorus members, and seeing snowflakes or jack-o-lanterns on the walls is bound to make people smile. On a different topic, I don't think that we should turn the lights off. Ever. This is because, on the occasions where the lights have been shut off in my other classes, I have suddenly become so tired that I can barely focus on the lesson. As we have chorus early in the morning when everyone is still half-asleep, it would be ill-advised to provide a dark, soothing atmosphere; one that just so happens to be perfect for sleep. Though the lights may be bright and annoying to some people, they actually help to wake me up and keep me alert for the remainder of the day; shutting them off may have the opposite effect.

Andrea White

Back to top Go down