Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singing Assesments

Go down

Singing Assesments Empty Singing Assesments

Post  ShannonMcHugh Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:30 pm

Ever since I started chorus, singing assessments have freaked me out. I was always nervous about singing in front of my peers, and even singing in front of Mr. Young. I think it scares me that I am being graded on my singing ability and even though I know the music I still usually mess up. I'm not really sure why I mess up but I usually do. I mostly think that it is nerves. I am always nervous about how others will hear my voice and what they will think about it. When I am singing with the chorus I am completely fine and can sing full out all the time with no struggles what so ever. However the moment I step up in front of the class I can feel my breathing quicken and I know once again my breath management will be off. It frustrates me that I am not able to completely sing out normally in front of my chorus peers but I can only hope that within this up coming year I will grow more confident in my singing and in my voice.

ShannonMcHugh

Back to top Go down