Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring Concert

Go down

Spring Concert Empty Spring Concert

Post  Sarah Pohl Mon May 21, 2012 5:35 pm

I think that the Spring concert went so much better than I thought it was going to be. To be honest I was a little nervous about "O Swallow" because we had been having some trouble with it in class. Personally, I thought it ended up great! The way we were preparing without the piano was a new technique for us. Practicing this way was definitely rigorous, but in the end it really payed off! Each one of our songs would have definitely not been as good if we had relied on the piano during rehearsals because we would not have really known the notes and learned them ourselves. After the concert, I had gotten many compliments from family and friends that the concert was fantastic and that they could tell that we had improved from our previous concerts because of the new way of rehearsing without the piano. Before the concert I was extremely excited to hear who was getting the awards. It was great to see everyone getting awards because they all deserved them for whatever reason they got them for. If it was Bel Canto or most improved, or any other award, each and every one of them deserved it. It is going to be really upsetting seeing all of the seniors go. Even though i was not in chorus with any of them this year, I could easily tell that each one of them had an important part in the chorus program. Some of them held pasta parties at their homes and others helped out with organizing events. Whatever they did this year was noticed and I appreciate it very much! It will be different without them next year and they will be missed. Overall, the concert was one to remember!

Sarah Pohl

Back to top Go down