Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring Concert

Go down

Spring Concert Empty Spring Concert

Post  Maggie McFarland Sun May 13, 2012 2:18 pm

With the concert less than a week away I think everyone is starting to get pumped about the songs we have been working on for a few months now. I have to say when we first began working on the songs I was pretty frustrated with myself when trying to learn the notes and rhythms without a piano to guide me. I was really surprised that we were going to perform less advanced pieces so that we could learn them by using solfege. Now that we have really learned the pieces well I realize how valuable learning them without piano was, and I actually feel really prepared for the concert. I also think that performing these pieces proves that music doesn't have to be difficult of complex for it to be beautiful. Alleluia for example is a very simple and straightforward piece and to me it's the most beautiful because of its simplicity. Now that we have gone through the process I realize that I would much rather learn easier pieces but grow from learning them than cram to learn really difficult pieces and learn them by banging out the notes on a piano.

Maggie McFarland

Back to top Go down