Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singing Assessments

Go down

Singing Assessments Empty Singing Assessments

Post  HallieNowicki Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:03 pm

I always get nervous before any kind assessment, whether it has to do with a test for history, a physical examination test, or the singing assessments that we do in concert chorale. No matter what, if I know I'm being evaluated, I get extremely nervous with goosebumps, a dry throat, shaking, and many other signs. I believe these signs do stop me from doing the best I can do, even though I can still get a decent grade on them. When I get nervous, my breathing isn't as accurate as usual and so my notes become flat. This can throw me off completely. Just like a dry throat and shaking can. When I shake, my voice sounds shaky and people can tell I'm nervous. When my throat is dry, my voice either cracks or I can't help but swallow in the middle of the song, which stops the connection. As you can see, there are many things that slow me down in a singing assessment, no matter how well i think I know it! Thinking about no one else being there but me helps me feel better, but not totally. In the end, I just concentrate on the fact that I know what I'm doing and if something goes wrong, I just have to tell myself it's a normal thing to do and to not stop, but keep going.

HallieNowicki

Back to top Go down