Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solo Auditions

Go down

Solo Auditions Empty Solo Auditions

Post  LouisaBrady Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:28 pm

I like to audition for whatever solos are available; I know that the more auditions I participate in, the better chance I have of actually getting a solo. Usually, when I audition for one, I don't think much of it, especially for Talent Expo solos. There are a lot of them, so everyone has a good chance of being heard, and usually they're not too substantial, so I don't tend to get attached to any of them in particular. However, there is that one solo that comes around every so often that you want so badly, and it hurts when you don't get it in the end, particularly if you got nervous during your audition and felt that what you performed for the class or for Mr. Young just wasn't demonstrating your full potential. We've all been there before, and it's a horrible feeling because you keep thinking that if you had just been a little bit calmer, or if you had just hit that one note a bit more clearly, you would have had it. Over the years, I've gotten a lot more comfortable with singing in front of people, and I can't really explain how. I think it's mostly just a self-confidence thing. You have to tell yourself over and over again that just because you didn't get what you wanted and worked for doesn't mean that you're not talented. It's a hard thing to tell yourself, but I knew that if I wanted to overcome nerves that actually make my auditions worse, I had to learn how to do it.

LouisaBrady

Back to top Go down