Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Artists and music

3 posters

Go down

Favorite Artists and music Empty Favorite Artists and music

Post  Ashley O'regan Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:54 pm

My music tastes have changed in the past months. Even though I still listen to such bands as My Chemical Romance, All Time Low and Hey Monday. I’ve started listen to new groups and singers like 2ne1, a famous k-pop group, whose music makes me want to dance. They have started going worldwide and soon may be performing in America. I’ve also started to listen this group of synthesized Japanese singers. It has really good lyrics and melodies even though the singers are not real human beings. Although none of these music I’ve started listening is in English, I like listening to what people from other countries find good music.

Ashley O'regan

Back to top Go down

Favorite Artists and music Empty Favorite Artists

Post  Izzy Gilmartin Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:38 pm

My favorite music is hard to understand sometimes too - but not for the same reason... I listen to grunge and other 90's music. My favorite bands are Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Temple Of The Dog, and Jane's Addiction. I know it's kind of strange for a fifteen year old girl to be into grunge music twenty years after it's peak, but I connect to it on a very personal level. Even though it may be hard to understand what Kurt Cobain or Eddie Vedder are talking about sometimes, the music is full of pure energy and emotion. Before I found this genre, I would have told you that music with unintelligible lyrics is pointless, but now I can see that it's not just the lyrics that make a song, but the emotions that the music itself evokes. For example John Frusciante's guitar solos in "Scar Tissue" by The Red Hot Chili Peppers. When ever I hear them I just close my eyes and listen. I block out the drums, the bass, and even the lyrics, just to focus on the emotions in those melancholy chords. I used to think that the only part of a song that is really important is the lyrics and everything else is just there to make it sound better. If you'd told me a year ago that an instrument alone can elicit emotions I would have laughed. But the first time I really listened to that song and heard the first solo, it brought me to tears. It completely changed the way I listen to music.

Izzy Gilmartin

Back to top Go down

Favorite Artists and music Empty My music

Post  JosiSiskchorus Sun May 27, 2012 5:05 pm

I have recently become a huge KPOP fan thanks to ashley Smile so far my favorite band is UKISS i instantly loved DoraDora (and no its not about the kid show dora the explorer) that music has been so interesting to listen to once you know the translations. that inspiried me to seek out other foreign music i have become a fan of indian music as well as some other asian bands international music is probably the coolest to listen to thanks ashley! Very Happy

JosiSiskchorus

Back to top Go down

Favorite Artists and music Empty Re: Favorite Artists and music

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down