Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fundraising

2 posters

Go down

Fundraising Empty Fundraising

Post  torimessina Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:10 pm

I believe that fundraising is the foundation to a great chorus. If our chorus can raise money to help support us when necessary, we can have everything htat we need. FOr example, with the coffee sale, by raising a lot of money from that fundraiser, it can help us to pay for mucisians to play for us in the Major Works Concert. Also, by selling cotton candy at homecoming and selling candy apples at sporting events, they can help us earn money for trips. Fundraising can also spark bonding between your chorus and in both choruses. I think that we should keep some old fundraising ideas as well as thinking of new ideas. I do like the idea of large groups to do fundraising because you can meet new people and spend time with some people that you would not normally talk to. Let's keep on thinking of ideas for fundraising!

torimessina

Back to top Go down

Fundraising Empty Re: Fundraising

Post  hollyhancock15 Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:50 pm

I agree with Tori 100%. The opportunity for bonding between different age groups through fundraising is a way to build a stronger family of chorus members. The money that is raised can help individuals attened the Chicago trip, therefore creating even more oppertunities to bond with each other. It is also a way to pay for musicians to accompany us at the major works concert, making it one we will surely never forget. The aspect of working together to support our chorus is very encouraging. It assures that we are a family that is able to interact with each other and work to make our chorus a better program. When it comes to fundraising, the idea of apple picking was unique and fun. It allowed us to bond even out of school. Getting together to sell cotton candy was another way we were able to represent the chorus and raise money. I believe that the coffee sale was the most productive. It also got the word out about our concerts which was an added bonus. Chorus is a mixture of upperclassmen and lower class men who would probably never have met each other had they not signed up. We can all find a common ground when it comes to building friendships; we all love to sing. Fundraising is just the glue that helped to seal the bonds with the different grades while also benefitting the choral program as a whole!

hollyhancock15

Back to top Go down