Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ShoutOut! Seasons of Love

2 posters

Go down

ShoutOut! Seasons of Love Empty ShoutOut! Seasons of Love

Post  Amanda Emmel Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:35 am

So many people did so fantastically last Thursday. Choruses, ensembles, and special acts were all phenomenal - each song was refreshing and fun in its own way. One of my favorite parts of the concert was the performance of Seasons of Love by a few very talented freshman girls. I remember being completely excited during the auditions about how adorable and pretty and well-organized the act was. While Seasons of Love is infamous for being an over-exhausted favorite of musical theater kids, their performance was anything but tiring. I think that it is fantastic that as freshmen, those girls were able to stand up and give their all in front of everybody at the concert. Thinking back to my first year at the high school, I would have had no idea of how to pull off such a creative special act. You could really tell that they put a lot of work into it, and the crystal clear performance adorned by surprisingly powerful solos certainly came out wonderfully! The chorus is going to hear a lot of great things from these girls in the future, I'm sure! I just hope I can see them Smile

Amanda Emmel

Back to top Go down

ShoutOut! Seasons of Love Empty Seasons of Love!!!

Post  Caitlin Boyle Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:29 pm

I would also like to give a shout out to the girls of Seasons of Love! I think everyone can agree that it was both adorable and musically spot on! I think it's so awesome that freshmen are taking the initiative to take on such a harmony-driven song without the help of a director. As Amanda said, it is a very well known Broadway song but I loved the uniqueness of there being no guys and still having such beautiful harmonies. It was clear that the girls worked really hard on it to make it amazing. I remember as a freshman, it was scary to me to try to take on a solo audition, let alone a special act. But these girls got up confidently and looked like they were having such a good time. The fact that they were giving off these vibes, it made it even more enjoyable for the audience to listen to. Congratulations on a great performance!

Caitlin Boyle

Back to top Go down