Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

recruiting

Go down

recruiting   Empty recruiting

Post  Maggie McFarland Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:44 pm

Today in class when we all received news that the boys in Mixed Chorus will be moving down to Concert Chorale I have to say I was a bit shocked. Then after thinking about it I realized it wasn't such a bad idea after all. After hearing everyone's thoughts I decided I think it was a smart decision and will certainly make the chorus program stronger in the end. One comment in particular got me thinking. A senior revealed to the class that if he was debating whether or not to join he would definitely say no if he was going to be put in Concert Chorale as an upperclassmen. Everyone seemed to agree with him and then people went against the decision to move the boys and said you will never get any boys to join. I myself thought it was rash of them to make this decision. Even if next year is a tough year for guys there really is no other way around it. I think we have to look to future and remain patient. I think now we definitely have an advantage because you are able to work with the fifth graders. When they enter the high school I'm sure many of them will be comforted by the fact that they know one of the teachers here and this will certainly sway their decision to do chorus or become involved in the chorus program in some way. In the long run I think we will end up getting more guys than we have now which would be great! Though next year will be different for everyone I think we will all get used to it and end up liking it in the end. A little change is always a good thing.

Maggie McFarland

Back to top Go down