Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outside of school concerts -Shelby

2 posters

Go down

Outside of school concerts -Shelby Empty Outside of school concerts -Shelby

Post  shelbyosullivan Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:58 pm

Two weekends ago I attended a Christmas concert with Becky Filmore! Her dad was playing the trumpet in the Rusty Skipper Band. The band consisted of people of all ages, highschool to probably older people in their sixties! Most instruments were showcased in the concert and they were very good! Two vocalists also performed at this concert and sang a few carols! The band did different arrangments of songs that I had known before. But the new arrangments made them way more interesting. Becky and I had a great day at the concert and her dad did an awesome job! It was great to see people, even people who were older still getting out to practice and perform their music!

shelbyosullivan

Back to top Go down

Outside of school concerts -Shelby Empty Outside of school concerts

Post  Abbie Barrett Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:02 pm

I think that it is a really good opportunity to attend concerts outside of the highschool. Of course I think that it is important to also attend in-school ones to support our classmates, but attending out of school concerts gives a chance to wider your horizon. I am a member of a youth ministy group with a lot of other teenagers from Cohassett and many of my friends are members of chorus at their own school. So to show support I was able to go to my friends' concert. It was such a great opportunity to see what other schools around us are doing in their chorus. It gives you a chance to compare and look at how other schools make wonderful music like we do. I always think it is a great thing to go out of your "school bubble" and see what else is going on around you. Sure, Cohasset is only a town away but that doesn't mean that their program is the same as our. So by seeing different mucical concerts outside of our school will allow you to get a feel for different types and ways other directors and students perform. Smile Cool Like a Star @ heaven

Abbie Barrett

Back to top Go down