Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fundraising

2 posters

Go down

Fundraising Empty Fundraising

Post  Katie Kelleher Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:39 pm

I agree that we need to individually partake in our own type of fundraising. Raising money for the department shows our dedication and support. I know I enjoyed doing the cotton candy and coffee sales last year as a way to promote the Hingham Music Department, and more specifically our chorus. The money I raised lowered the cost of my Chicago trip this year, making it even easier to go. I feel it should be a standard for students to at least attempt to raise money. For example, in crew we are all involved in different types of fundraising. If someone does not participate that member feels they are letting their team down. I hope people realize that the money being raised can only benefit themselves and what they love to do. Fundraising opens new opportunities for the individual and the chorus as a whole. Even though fundraising might take time, the result is worth it.

Katie Kelleher

Back to top Go down

Fundraising Empty more fundraising

Post  Julia Genovese Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:46 pm

I agree that fundraising is such an important part of being in chorus. It helps to raise money to pay for all the essentials in chorus and pays for benefits like accompanists during our concerts. In my opinion more fundraising opportunities should be available so people have the chance to contribute to the program and also so more chorus members can attend the trips. Most high school students do not make their own money so they rely on their parents to supply them with money. The trips are such an amazing opportunity but the only way kids can attend these trips is by receiving the money from their parents. If there were more fundraising opportunities then more people would be able to attend the trips. Unfortunately most things have a price and in order to improve the chorus program more money should be made to supply the chorus with more benefits. All chorus members should give back to the chorus program and fundraising is a perfect way to do just that.

Julia Genovese

Back to top Go down