Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Memento Mori

Go down

Memento Mori Empty Memento Mori

Post  Maggie McFarland Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:16 pm

Our concerts last week were most definitely a success. I have to say that the week leading up to the concert I was a little nervous that we weren’t prepared enough and wasn't sure what to expect, but we definitely pulled through. Not only did we pull through, but we also put a lot of expression in the music and it really touched me in a new way. Because the theme of the concert was so unique and special I think that extra part of preparation that I felt was missing wasn't really necessary at all because we already felt more connected to the music than we have for past concerts. I also never really thought of how special it was that be preformed the Stabat Mater as a high school choir. My entire family came to the concert on Sunday and they kept saying how amazed they were that a high school could perform this music. Though the concert required an immense amount of preparation and hard work it was really worth it in the end and it will always remain one of my fondest chorus memories.

Maggie McFarland

Back to top Go down