Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ACDA Festival

Go down

ACDA Festival Empty ACDA Festival

Post  MeghanGeorge Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:49 pm

I don’t know how I didn’t see this forum beforehand! I absolutely loved the ACDA Festival. I think I enjoyed it more so than the SE Junior District Festival. I liked how it was all in one day (although it was cut short because of the snow) and I did not have to miss school to attend it. We arrived, went immediately to practice, and performed. When I first got to the practice I was a little intimidated. Everyone seemed to be taking it so seriously and it was really quiet. Within no time, everyone was loosened up. I think we were all intimidated by each other and by wondering who our director would be. Our director was amazing! I don’t know if I have ever met someone so enthusiastic about what they do. Even when she made someone do an exercise in front of all of us, it wasn’t weird. She made it easy and fun to learn the pieces in such a short amount of time. I had the most fun when we practiced and performed the gospel piece. We clapped our hands spontaneously and she even sang along with us which made everyone laugh and smile. Though the performance was really fun, I think the whole experience is what made it worth it. We had an awesome director, got to sing cool pieces, and did it all on a college campus (did I mention that we got to eat lunch in the dining hall with unlimited soft serve ice cream!?). Overall, I would definitely recommend taking the opportunity, if it is offered, to go to this festival.

MeghanGeorge

Back to top Go down