Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Billy Lincoln

3 posters

Go down

Billy Lincoln Empty Billy Lincoln

Post  BrianPerrault Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:57 pm

I'd like to give a huge shout-out to Billy Lincoln. Billy is one of the four youngest singers of Mixed Chorus and, thus, probably one of the four most nervous. Mixed Chorus can be an intimidating environment to begin your high school chorus career. We start every day meticulously warming up, we sight singing and we take on challenging music. This is a lot for most freshman to ease into. However, Billy's already become an enthusiastic member of the chorus. He's always volunteering, whether it be to sell cotton candy or to sing the national anthem, he's very comfortable with the other freshman guys and he's really giving it his all on every song. Considering I see Billy during sectionals and men's chorus, I've heard his voice several times over the past few weeks. Naturally, Billy seemed a little scared at first, being careful not to stray too high in his register. But he's improved tremendously over the course of just two weeks. For instance, he hit today's singing assessment out of the park. He nailed every note and wasn't afraid to sing it out loud and proud. There's no telling where he'll be by the end of the year. I feel he's a great addition to this chorus and I look forward to seeing him grow throughout the year.

BrianPerrault

Back to top Go down

Billy Lincoln Empty Boys

Post  Meghan Cashel Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:30 pm

I would like to give a shout-out to the tenors in chorus! It's always impressive when somebody stands up and sings tenor, but it’s even braver that it is just the two of them. They sing proudly and well, and I am always impressed by their strength and gusto, even if there are just two of them. They have shown their dedication to chorus by singing out, and making the exercise’s and song’s sound better. A song is just incomplete without a tenor part. These boys make it possible to can have complete full and amazing songs; and they do it with just one other person by their side. I think that is really admirable and something that should be applauded. Nice job tenors! You guys rock!

Meghan Cashel

Back to top Go down

Billy Lincoln Empty Yeah Tenors!

Post  LouisaBrady Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:37 am

Going off of what Meg said, I'd like to continue the praise for the tenors. There are only three of them, and two of them are freshmen. As we grow closer and closer to the Major Works concert, it becomes clearer that these guys are not only putting in their best effort to become as solid and strong on their parts as possible, but also that they are all stepping up to be section leaders, which they really have to be because of the small amount of them. Furthermore, I feel like it would be easy for the guys to slack off because of the additional guys from men's chorus who will be joining them during the actual concert and rely on their support when the performance actually arrives. However, Jake, Clay, and Luke definitely aren't giving up and leaving it to the other tenors in men's chorus; they recognize that it will take the effort of every chorus member to make the concert the best it can be, and I think this is something that the entire chorus should and does admire. Good job, tenors!

LouisaBrady

Back to top Go down

Billy Lincoln Empty Re: Billy Lincoln

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum