Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Ideas!!

2 posters

Go down

New Ideas!!  Empty New Ideas!!

Post  Grace Doyle Fri May 31, 2013 10:55 am

I personally have not been a part of the mentoring program, but I have noticed that the program has not been that effective on incorporating the two choruses to bond them as a whole. I feel like that it is very intimidating on the mentors’ side and well as the mentis. If both sides are intimidated it is highly unlikely for either of them to participate. I think we should incorporate everyone in the, mentoring program. I think juniors should have freshman and seniors should have sophomores. This way everyone is involved and therefore everyone will make an effort to try to bring our chorus together as a whole. In the chorus council elections, Nicole mentioned having groups of four in the mentoring program; two mentors and two mentis. That way the mentors have someone to plan things with and can share ideas about how to get their mentis excited and facilitated with the other chorus. And the mentis are more likely to participate if they are with another freshman in their chorus, rather than feeling intimidated being with an upperclassman by themselves that they may not know. With bonding exercises I think we need to show a lot more enthusiasm. Not only are there little to no events planned, the ones that were planned did attract a lot of people. Personally I feel that we should try to do bonding activities in Hingham and close by rather than trying to go to other towns to do things like apple picking. I also feel like those events done on the weekend should be done on Saturday, rather than on Sunday night. I really think the mentoring program could be something great if everyone participated. Next year will bring a lot of changes and I think we should all come together, and face the challenges ahead as a family.

Grace Doyle

Back to top Go down

New Ideas!!  Empty Reinvention

Post  amdurkin Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:19 pm

Honestly, at this point I have forgotten that the mentoring program even exists. It is such a great idea and we have never implemented it in a way that is successful. I feel like there is a barrier between the two choruses and it would be great if we could bridge the divide. With the new chorus council elected I feel like they will bring a new energy to the program. Nicole's idea to create mentor mentee quad is great. Also Grace mentioned getting the sophomore involved as well. I think that that is a great idea. It would involve the entire chorus into the mentoring program which would foster greater participation and enthusiasm from everyone. This program would benefit if someone put time into it and reinvented it in a way that leads to a stronger chorus family. I would be happy to work together with chorus council to create a stronger mentoring program and a unification between the two choruses.

amdurkin

Back to top Go down