Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freedom is Coming

Go down

Freedom is Coming Empty Freedom is Coming

Post  Nicole Tivnan Mon May 20, 2013 10:00 am

It's hard to believe that the Spring Concert is already over. I don't think it has quite sunk in yet what the Spring Concert symbolizes and how important it is to appreciate this. The performance as a whole was so strong and memorable that I cannot imagine a better way to end this crucial year in our lives. I want to take Freedom is Coming into special consideration, however. When we first got the piece, I was a little confused to say the least. I didn't know what a group of chorus girls in high school knew about freedom and how liberating and inspiring the idea of it could be when it was merely a thought. As we got nearer and nearer to the concert though, the piece began to sink in and as we learned the notes and rhythm and learned to not only sing it, but feel it, it began to hold some special meaning. In the week before the concert, I found what my freedom was and what I was striving for. I realized that right now, in high school, we have the greatest opportunity to determine our own future. That amount of power and freedom to make what we want from ourselves is what is so liberating and inspiring about ourselves. It does not have to be a world changing freedom that we sing about, but only a personal journey that we are taking in order to make ourselves better and therefore making an affect on the world.

Nicole Tivnan

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum