Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bobolinks: An A Cappella Group

Go down

The Bobolinks: An A Cappella Group Empty The Bobolinks: An A Cappella Group

Post  abbiruggiero Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:04 am

This Saturday I attended an a cappella concert at the Town Hall preformed by a co-ed group, the Bobolinks, from Middlebury College. Words cannot describe how much I enjoyed it. Before it started, I admit I was skeptical about enjoying the concert. Everyone in the group went around and said their name, grade, and major. They were dressed very casually and had no theme of attire. I just kept thinking “will they be able to sing.” And finally, the concert began. One guy took out his iPhone and gave their starting pitches. After the first song, I was blown away. They were unbelievably amazing. It was so cool how one or two people sang while the others imitated instruments and kept the rhythm. I also enjoyed the variety of old and new songs they sang. In addition, the arrangements were remarkable. Every person in the group had a solo, and there was one incredible beat boxer. Since we have so few guys in our Hingham High School Chorus, it was breathtaking to hear them sing. My two favorite pieces featured guy soloist. First was Hometown Glory, by Adele, and the beat boxer stepped forward and with a full bass sound. It gave me goose bumps. I was not at all expecting such a talented voice to come out of him. Second was The Cave, by Mumford & Sons. A tall guy, about seven feet, who had been hiding in the back for most of the concert had the solo. He was by far the best soloist of the entire concert. Lastly, I want to comment on the love for music all the students portrayed. They were smiling the whole time, but it did not look creepy or forced. Also, everyone was really into the music. They moved with it, but not like dancing or theatrical movements. I do not even know how to describe it. At the end, the entire audience stood up and begged for an encore, unfortunately they did not sing another song. As we left the concert, my dad purchased their CD’s so we could listen to them at home. I pretty much have been listening to it all day long! This was such an amazing experience. I loved it so much. If you ever get the opportunity to go to an a cappella concert you should.

abbiruggiero

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum