Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Repertory Theatre

Go down

American Repertory Theatre Empty American Repertory Theatre

Post  LouisaBrady Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:37 am

In Cambridge, there's a small theatre commonly referred to as the ART, or the American Repertory Theatre. Recently, I've seen several productions there, and they put on amazing works. Just last week I saw Pippin, a musical revival. It will soon be moving from the ART to Broadway, and after seeing the production, I completely understand why. The cast is top-notch; they not only have perfected their comedic timing, incredibly difficult dance sequences, including several circus routines, but they have such a mastery over the music. One of the characters in particular, the First Player, is played by a woman, Patina Miller, while the character is typically played by a man. However, she brought so much to the performance that it was hard for me to imagine it being done any other way. This performance really showed me how a group of people can work together to express something incredible through song and dance.

LouisaBrady

Back to top Go down