Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inevitable Legally Blonde Post

Go down

The Inevitable Legally Blonde Post Empty The Inevitable Legally Blonde Post

Post  Eliza Daniels Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:20 pm

Two weeks. Holy Moly. Only two weeks until the curtain is raised on an incredibly pink production. Are we ready to perform? Of course not. We never are at this point in the game, but with the approaching date of the show, excitement within the music department begins to rise. Although technically drama and chorus are two different groups, honestly the majority of participants in each are an overlap. That being said, I think it is important to recognize the effect and impact this upcoming show has on our chorus group. At this point in the year, being and staying healthy is my main objective. Many students will be singing in two shows, then auditioning for Districts, then singing in another show, while also learning the notes of the Stabat Mater. With all of this singing, voices may become strained. Then, when you add the competition within academics and athletics or clubs, the stress level of high school also takes a toll on the health of our vocal chords. Therefore, these next two weeks are imperative times to ensure all students are staying healthy. Furthermore, I think that these couple weeks hold a huge opporutnity for our school community to come out and support one another. Oftentimes we complain that not enough athletes or just regular high school students attend our concerts, and that is why we sometimes attempt to catch a few hockey or field hockey games, because it is not fair to expect something from someone if you are not willing to return the favor. That's why the musical is a chance for not just chorus, but also orchestra and band to get involved, or just come out to watch and support the hours of hard work that the actors, dancers, and singers, have put into this production. At the end of the day, we are all musicians, so why not enjoy some fun and upbeat music for a night? Hope to see everyone there!!

OMIGOD YOU GUYS Very Happy

Eliza Daniels

Back to top Go down