Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chi-town experience

Go down

Chi-town experience Empty Chi-town experience

Post  jake.vandine Mon May 21, 2012 7:21 pm

Though the Chicago trip has come and gone, it was still a fantastic experience. Whether it was tossing insults at Ed Debevic's or screaming for the Red Sox at the game, I feel it really pulled not only the chorus together, but also the music department in general. For much of the trip, I was with some other kids from Band and Orchestra. I had talked to a few of them before, but not extensively. By the end of the trip, I felt like I was friends with all of them. Not only that, but the events on the trip made me see Chicago through a unique perspective that only a school trip could show. I was fascinated by the history of the Willis Tower, and the boat tour introduced Chicago's history through architecture. However, I feel that the true highlight of the trip was the Wynton Marsalis concert. I was astounded by the way this living legend could play. It was the absolute highlight of the trip for me. I feel that the Chicago trip exposed me to history, music, and friendships that one could only acquire on a school trip; no, a music trip.

jake.vandine

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum