Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vitamin String Quartet

Go down

The Vitamin String Quartet Empty The Vitamin String Quartet

Post  EmmaGivney Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:17 pm

I recently came into contact with a group of four talented violinists known as the Vitamin String Quartet. While they play some classical music, their primary focus is covering popular music ranging from Ke$ha to Fall Out Boy to Muse. I discovered them through a friend, and fell in love with them. Previously, I had never really liked instrumental covers, but this group totally changed my perspective. They will do every layer of a particular song, and the orchestrations sometimes sound even better than the originals. They way the pieces are orchestrated is interesting too. They play every layer as written in the original piece, and it offers insight on the complexities of some popular music that I originally thought was relatively simplistic. Lady Gaga covers were especially surprising, and I love to listen to them while I write. Maybe it is a little bit unorthodox, but I definitely recognize and appreciate their talent, and they have lead to me to research other artists on Youtube. I've discovered incredible musicians that cover all kinds of music, even dubstep! I love that technology can provide those types of connections nowadays, and I'll probably be jamming to the Vitamin String Quartet for a while.

EmmaGivney

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum