Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lesson of the day

2 posters

Go down

lesson of the day Empty lesson of the day

Post  rbreedlove Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:51 pm

The lessons we have learned today I believe will help improve our chorus. Our new warm up exercises especially will improve our ability to hear pitches in our minds instead of the use of the piano, allowing our chorus to improvement to reach the goal of perfect pitch. Without relying on the piano during our rehearsal makes us try and find our pitch when we are out of tune. Sight singing will also improve from the new cards that we must quickly look at, interpret, and then sing. Not only improving the chorus, but also individually, to have the ability to read music on our own. Although the new lessons and changes may be a bit difficult, our chorus will have a tremendous improvement and will adjust very easily.

rbreedlove

Back to top Go down

lesson of the day Empty Lesson of the Day

Post  hollyhancock15 Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:35 am

I think that these new lessons are going to be very beneficial in the long run. First, starting the day with rhythm and movement exercises has helped us to wake up and put more energy into the days lessons. I also feel that the flashcards are improving my sight singing greatly. Before, this new routine I admit that I was listening to everyone around me in order to find my notes. Now, however, I can fine my own notes and I don't depend on my classmates as much anymore. On that same note, eliminating the piano from our practices has helped us so much already. In my opinion, we used to use the piano as a crutch when we practiced our songs. It would hide our mistakes, making us think that we were singing it correctly. The first day that we stopped using it, these mistakes became apparent and we were able to correct them easily. Overall, these new routines have already benefitted us greatly and in the long run, they will make us sound even more amazing!

hollyhancock15

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum