Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Talent Shows

Go down

TV Talent Shows Empty TV Talent Shows

Post  grace1697 Wed May 01, 2013 2:24 pm

Many people have mixed opinions about big talent shows concerning music or singing that are televised. There can definitley be some shows that really shouldn't be on TV, but some other ones are actually worth watching. There is obviously a huge contrast in the way that the people on these shows sing and the way our chorus sings. Most people who audition for TV shows like American Idol, The Voice or the X-Factor probably are not trained in classical choral singing, so they do not know much about breath managment, scales or posture. As a result, many of the contestants sing in over-developed "pop" voices. I think this is because so many people are obsessed about sounding just like all the famous singers and pop stars, instead of attempting to create their own image as an artist. However, there is also another side to television singing shows. They can give people a chance to get noticed who otherwise would not have been able to make it in the music industry. For that reason, they can be beneficial too. I think that the singing shows just need to pick better qualified judges in order to give people constructive critisicm, instead of the same overused comments. Pop stars today are definitley qualified to know when they see a future celebrity, but I don't think many of them know as much about actual singing. Most shows only favor the contestants with the outgoing personality or popstar look to them, instead of working to develop better singers. For this reason I think some of these shows exploit the beauty of the music and use music as a way to become famous for reasons other than being a talented singer. This is why I like the show, "The Voice," because the judges are turned away from the person auditioning and can't see what they look like. This evens the playing field so that anyone can have a fair shot at impressing the judges with their voice instead of their personality.

grace1697

Back to top Go down