Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Importance of Music

Go down

The Importance of Music Empty The Importance of Music

Post  kaylaoregan11 Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:03 pm

Music, I feel, is important to everyone in different ways. Music has been in my life since I was little; my dad took me to see my first concert when I was about 8 years old and had introduced me to his favorite band much earlier. Music has always been a way for me to express myself and not have to worry about being judged to harshly. The music program at the high school has been very helpful to not only me but plenty of other students. It helps you to connect with others who share similar intrests to you and allows for you to meet new people. Due to the fact that I am in concert corale I start almost everyday by singing in the chorus room. It's sort of relaxing to start off your day by practicing choral pieces and doing rythem exercises. Learning the pieces, especially the new way, has been difficult but now that I know what I'm doing sight singing is kind of, dare I say it, fun! Chorus and all music is, I guess, a comfort amongst worrying about tests and homework and friendship drama; it's a way to escape.

kaylaoregan11

Back to top Go down